Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28th 2009 - Kick off

My time at Kandahar nearly at its end. Moving to Bastion soon to kick off my deployment with my unit. My main priority is getting shop set up and functional ASAP. I think I'm off to a good start on getting some photos out here. Ive received some awesome comments and support so far from a lot of people, thank you all! I was fortunate enough to find a terrific model for the next installment in my ‘Women in War’ photo series I started in Iraq. She did an awesome job and we walked away with some photos that I feel accurately portrays what I see and who is really over here. People often think of this war as another news story, especially people who don’t know someone that is/has been here. I feel its my job to allow the rest of the world to see that there are real people here doing very real things that are important to the safety of the world. They do it selflessly and without asking anything in return, except a bigger pay check and to go home on time ;-). I do find it amazing how the people in every unit have this unbelievable motivation to do their job to the best of their ability day in and day out. It is very easy to let the redundancy of day to day activities can take its toll on your moral and attitude. Below are the photos from the shoot with Jennifer.


No comments:

Post a Comment